Granted, most of these really only work on kids, but they are still super fun!
1. Spill “milk” all over your buddy’s new laptop.
This fake milk spill is made using glue and soap and won’t actually harm the computer. Learn how here.
2. Serve a dessert grilled cheese.
Just make it out of pound cake and frosting, they will get sweet while expecting savory. Learn more here.
3. Or a mashed potato sundae.
For the opposite effect, make a sundae out of mashed potatoes and gravy. Learn more here.
4. Put a fake parking ticket on your friends windshield.
Download the .pdf here for $5.
5. Stick googly eyes on the food in your refrigerator.
This will certainly surprise your family or roommate!
6. Bring someone a pan of brownies.
Excuse me, I mean brown E’s.
7. Confuse your friend on his way to work.
8. Stuff toilet paper into the toes of your roommates shoes.
This would be great to try on your kids too, tell them their feet look bigger in the morning and they might be convinced they had an overnight growth spurt!
9. Send your husband to work with a moldy sandwich.
Not with real mold of course, order a pack of sandwich bags here for $4.99 that make sandwiches look moldy.
10. Freeze your kid’s morning cereal.
Put a bowl of your kid’s favorite cereal and milk in the freezer overnight, then watch in the morning as your unsuspecting kid clanks a spoon against the frozen milk.
11. Rig a ketchup bottle to squirt string instead of ketchup.
“Hot dogs are ready. Tee hee!” Learn how to make one here.
12. Sew a pair of socks closed halfway down.
Although you may owe whoever you do this to a new pair of sacks.
13. Make “chocolate chip cookies” out of mashed potatoes and black beans.
Find the recipe here.
14. Put a “For Sale” sign in your front yard.
Then convince your family that you are moving to Alaska.
15. April Fool’s Day “lollipop.”
Learn more here.
16. Make your kid think the principal called.
Use your best acting skills as you tell your worried kid the principal’s laundry list of complaints.
17. Take a photo of yourself “floating” and see how long it takes people to figure it out.
18. Cover the remote sensor with a piece of tape.
I bet they will try to change the batteries before checking the infrared sensor.
19. Block the spout of the shampoo bottle.
Unscrew the cap, cover the top with saran wrap, then screw the cap back on and cut off the excess.
20. Put a twist on a sunny-side-up egg.
A halved peach in yogurt not only looks like an egg, but also makes a delicious breakfast. Learn more here.
21. Put a surprise in the mail box.
Try to make sure you get to see the reaction of whoever goes to get the mail.
22. Squeeze a few drops of food coloring into the bottom of a bowl, then cover it with cereal.
When you the person eating pours the milk it will change colors as it rises to the top.
23. Put a few dye pellets under the cap of your faucet.
Unscrew the cap to the faucet, put a pellet from an Easter egg kit under it, then screw the cap back on. This will make colored water come out of the faucet.
24. Make Chicken Not Pie with pudding and candy.
Learn how here.
25. Switch the bags inside two boxes of cereal.
This is especially funny if you switch your kid’s sweet cereal with dad’s bran flakes.
26. Change the settings on your friend’s mouse or trackpad.
Just go into the computer’s setting and reverse the direction of the cursor.
27. Take a screencap of the desktop on your someone’s iPad or computer and leave it up full screen.
See how many times they try to click on an icon before they realize what’s going on.
28. Try this “dollar in a book” trick.
29. Pack a surprising lunch.
30. Serve up a glass of juice that is really Jell-o.
Works in a wine glass too!
31. Or use pudding to make this unusual glass of milk.
32. Paint a bar of soap with finger nail polish and leave it in the shower.
The soap won’t lather.
33. When your kids are sleeping switch them into each other’s bed.
Waking up in their sibling’s room is a hilarious way to start April Fools’ Day.
34. Pick up your kids from school wearing a funny wig.
When your kids ask about it tell them you went to the hairdresser while they were at school.
35. Plant “doughnut seeds.”
Ask your kids to plant some of these in the yard before they leave for school, then replace the “seeds” with real donuts to be discovered when they get home.
36. Tell someone you bought them an iPad.
37. You can also tell them you bought them an iPhone.
How mad can they get when it’s made out of chocolate? Learn how to make one here.
38. Replace Cheetos with carrot slices.
Open the bag from the bottom, swap the Cheetos for carrot slices, then glue it back together.
39. Super glue a couple coins to the ground outside.
40. Make candied apples with onions.
41. For a festive surprise, make a balloon cake.