1. The average human spends about a third of their life asleep.
That’s about 25 to 30 years asleep. And you still feel tired, right?
2. The average human needs at least seven hours of sleep a night.
All that sleep is good for you. Any less can have negative effects on your health, and even reduce life expectancy. Get some sleep!
3. On average, a human will yawn about 250,000 times in their life.
Just looking at this picture is making you yawn, isn’t it?
4. The average human produces about 25,000 quarts of saliva in their life.
Or enough to fill two swimming pools. But don’t think about that for too long, because it’s gross.
5. A human brain can, in the course of a lifetime, store up to a quadrillion separate bits of information in its longterm memory.
A quadrillion is a million billions.
6. The average American spends about five months of their life on the phone.
No data for how much time they spend playing Angry Birds.
7. The chance for a man in the U.S. to get cancer is 50%.
Don’t smoke, guys.
8. In a lifetime, your skin will completely replace itself 900 times.
You should still use sunblock, though.
9. According to one survey, men can spend up to a year of their lives staring at women.
And another several years complaining that staring bug-eyed at women is somehow not landing them dates.
10. On average, women spend about four years of their lives menstruating.
This is probably the most accurate picture of the experience.
11. According to another survey, women spend about a year of their lives deciding what to wear.
Pro tip: pick out your clothes the night before.
12. A British woman, on average, spends the equivalent of $160,000 on makeup in her lifetime.
That’s a lot.
13. The average man will spend about six months of his life shaving.
No-shave November notwithstanding.
14. In your lifetime, you’ll consume about 35 tons of food.
Yes, tons. Of course, 35 tons of salad is better than 35 tons of fast food.
15. You’ll spend about three months of your life sitting on the potty.
All of that food has to end up somewhere.
16. 183,755,600 is a pretty large number, and it’s the average number of steps a person will take in their life.
You can do this without even realizing it!
17. Those steps all add up to measure about 75,000 miles.
That’s enough to walk around the Earth several times, and it’s how much the average person will walk in a lifetime.
18. Sitting for more than three hours a day is not good for you, and can lead to health issues.
So all that walking is doing you good!
19. On average, regular joggers live about six years longer than non-joggers.
Just don’t get hit by a car. That will undo the “extra six years” bit.
20. The average person spends two weeks of their life kissing.
I feel like we could increase the kissing and cut down on deciding what to wear, honestly.