1. It is believed that mooning originated with the Romans in the first century BCE.
2. ”Pygophilia” is the scientific name for sexual arousal caused by the buttocks.
3. The word “callipygian” means to have a well shaped butt.
4. Being “dasypygal” means you have a hairy butt.
5. The gluteus maximus (butt muscle) is the largest muscle in your entire body.
6. The butt has been a symbol of fertility since as far back as 24,000 BCE.
7. ”Twerk” was added to the Oxford Dictionaries Online in 2013, along with “selfie” and “Bitcoin.”
8. According to a survey from Men’s Health and Women’s Health butts are women’s preferred body part for compliments.
9. According to a study from the University of Texas at Austin, men like the curve of the butt more than its size.
10. According to stats from the British Sexual Fantasy Research Project, women tend to prefer being the spankee to being the spanker.
11. It’s the other way around with men.
12. The average butt expels gas between 13 and 21 times a day.
13. The fat deposits in a mother’s butt, hips and thighs store the Omega 3 fatty acids that contribute to babies’ brain development, so big butts produce smart kids.
14. About 1/3 of people, that’s 34 percent of men and 30 percent of women, engage in anal sex.
15. Carrying excess weight in your butt and thighs, instead of your gut, correlates to lower chances of diabetes and heart disease.
16. Staying hydrated and keeping plenty of fiber in your diet are two of the most important parts of keeping your butt working on a healthy basis.
17. If you wear a thong during workouts, then you’re not providing a buffer between your butt and the exercise pants that can give it acne, due the friction and sweat generated while exercising.
18. The Brazilian Butt Lift involves your own body fat being injected in your butt.
19. Your coccyx is the remnant of a vestigial tail in humans and other apes.