1. When your S.O. asks, “Does this make me look fat?”
2. When you’re at a wedding and someone whispers, “Aren’t they just perfect for each other?”
3. When a brand new Mom croons, “Isn’t this the cutest baby you have EVER seen?”
4. When your kid makes dinner and asks, “Does it taste good?” with those big, hopeful eyes.
5. When anyone, ever, asks, “Well, how old do I look?”
6. When that annoying coworker gushes, “Don’t you just love working here?”
7. When someone you love asks, “Am I the best you’ve ever had?”
8. When that ambitious friend asks, “What’d you think of my poem/screenplay/novel?”
9. When your chronically unemployed sibling asks, “Is your company hiring?”
10. When that person you just met gasps, “Wanna hang out this weekend?”
11. When pretty much anyone asks, “Can I get a ride?”
12. When someone drones on and on and then demands, “Did you hear what I just said?” out of nowhere.
13. When you’re totally not on your way and you get an, “Are you on your way?” text.
14. When that friend of a friend wants to know, “Can I crash on your couch?”
15. When the friend who ordered the bottle of wine for the table asks, “Do you mind spotting me?”
16. When you’re having a really bad day and some cheerful bastard asks, “How are you?”
17. When your Dad scopes the caller ID and answers with an “I guess you’re calling for your mother?”